Study Abroad Cuba Faculty Led Program
• GEF has knowledgeable, professional, and experienced on-site staff to provide local expertise.
• We take care of all on-site logistics so you don’t have to!
• GEF listens to what your program needs are and accommodates your requests.
• GEF includes academic activities, cultural events, and excursions designed to complement your program goals.
Study Abroad is defined in many ways. Some universities have departments of Study Abroad while others rely on teachers. No matter how big or small your needs are for study abroad in Cuba, Global Educational Facilitation, as the name suggests offers an array of services in part or full to create or supplement your program.
Our priority is to provide you with a program that will accomplish your academic goals and fit within your institutional budget. We provide you with options to meet those goals. Below is the list of services that GEF offers. If you have a need that is not listed below, please let us know. You can choose all the services if you wish, or tailor-make your program, so that your program offers everything that you want and need for success.
GEF specializes in creating customized and faculty-led short-term programs abroad. We will work closely with you to develop and implement a customized program that is tailored to your specific needs.
1) U.S. FACULTY-LED
A faculty member from your institution teaches the course and host country lecturers while GEF makes all logistical arrangements, this could be in a hotel, conference room or a cultural center or another location. Programs may also be developed at multiple locations while students are traveling.
2) INCORPORATE INTO AN ALREADY EXISTING GEF PROGRAM
If an already existing GEF program meets your needs, your institution simply “adopts” the program and offers it to your students. This program model can often be run more affordably than creating your own and does not necessarily have to be led by a faculty member from your university.
• Develop and coordinate itinerary and operating budget
• Create program recruitment materials
• Collaborate with various faculties and culture to create programs e.g artists, biologists, scientists and more
• Creating cultural excursions to match the course content
• Finding top notch lecturers for a multitude of classes offered in Cuba through the Ministry of Education
• Finding classroom space in Cuba for American professor to give classes
• Finding space in family stays, bed and breakfast locations or 3 and 4 star hotels to host housing needs
• Provide visas for students entering Cuba
• Arrange roundtrip group air to destination
• Deliver pre-departure orientation and materials
• All contract needs for school or district
• Coordinate service/volunteer groups
• Local coordinator
• Bilingual guide
• Ground transportation to and from airport and all cultural excursions
• Group Welcome and Farewell meals
• Housing and meals
• All insurance needs in the United States and Cuba
• Day trips and overnight excursions
• Computer and internet access where available
• Academic and cultural activities, guest lecturers